Your website homepage, possibly one of the most important assets for your business, consider it being the face of your business online!
So, what are the essentials for a homepage that will stand out? If you are considering a website re-design, don’t forget these 10 crucial elements:
1. A headline. Tell customers what your business is about in one concise sentence.
2. Logo. Display your logo in a prominent position, usually the top left. Give it space to stand out and stick in the customers mind.
3. Images. Include visuals that represent what your business does, ensure they are high quality and original. People like visuals, they can prompt emotion and action.
4. Clear Navigation. A website with clean obvious links can greatly improve the likelihood of a visitor clicking through and further exploring the website. Induce visitors to click through with clear exciting links.
5. Overview of products/services. Include a summary of the products or services you offer, this showcases more detail into what you sell and may also help you rank higher in search engines.
6. Resources. Customers come to your website for a variety of reasons. Some may be visiting for the first time, some may be repeat customers. Have information ready for customers who are not ready to buy, so provide them with information to learn more and establish your credibility.
7. Contact information. Ensure that your contact information is displayed clearly, an email enquiry box is also helpful as a first form of contact.
8. Social media links. Social media can show customers your presence online and encourage exploration of your brand, as well as stay in touch.
9. Contain keywords. Do some research into what customers are searching for when they come to your website and ensure those keywords are included.
10. Call to action. The goal of your homepage is to compel visitors to further explore your website and encourage a desirable action such as an enquiry.
That’s it! Include these elements and you are on your way. Are you considering a website re-design? What do you think are the most essential elements for a homepage?